HS School Supplies List
School Supply List 2016-2017
All students in grades 7-12 will be expected to have their own electronic device capable of accessing the Internet.
As part of the new BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Program in grades 7-12 at Kenyon Wanamingo, we ask that all students bring a personal computing device for every day academic use. It will be the responsibility of the student to purchase, appropriately use, update, and maintain these devices.
Parents and students can make their own decision as to which device to purchase for BYOD. We recommend that all BYOD devices meet the following criteria:
- Internet connectivity (through Wi-Fi or other)
- 6 Hour Battery Life
- Ability to connect to Google Apps For Education
- A Keyboard of some type
- Write and submit assignments in a paperless environment
- Word processing capability
- Ability to integrate images, video, and sound
Kenyon Wanamingo has partnered with Best Buy to support families with BYOD purchases. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase a device through our special KW/Best Buy webstore. Students in grades 7-12 who have not received a $100 technology voucher in the past two years will be issued a $100 voucher to use towards the purchase of a Chromebook if they choose to do so. Only students who choose to purchase one of the Chromebook models through the KW/Best Buy webstore will have access to the $100 voucher. Students who purchase a Chromebook through the KW/Best Buy webstore will own their devices and will not be eligible to receive another voucher for two years.
The following are the two Chromebook options that will be available to purchase using the $100 voucher through the KW/Best Buy webstore.
- Acer - 11.6" Chromebook - Intel Celeron - 2GB Memory - 16GB eMMC Flash Memory - Moonstone White - $169
- Lenovo - 11.6" Chromebook - Intel Celeron - 2GB Memory - 16GB Solid State Drive – Black - $219
Detailed information about accessing the $100 voucher and the KW/Best Buy web store will be mailed to families in mid-August.